Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tomorrow...I'm gonna...

As part of my attempt to distract myself from self-pity and just sitting here idly waiting for this baby to decide to arrive, I want to stay busy. Today, I got up raring to go and we had the most beautiful weather we've had so far in 2008. I showered, dressed, and got everyone rounded up. We went to the park and hiked for over an hour--uphill and down.

Tomorrow, my hubby will be trying to sleep during the day and since this week is spring break, there are three kids home all day. Not exactly compatible with a quiet sleeping environment. So, I have to find something constructive and cheap to do with the kids during the day.

So, I am trying to figure out what we're going to do. We are fortunate to live in an area with lots of nice playgrounds and parks, so I am leaning towards that. We can pack sammies, juice boxes, crackers, and head off for a day in the sun. All I have to do is decide which park we want to visit. Hmmmm.

I'll keep you posted. The camera's already in the car ready to go to the hospital, so perhaps we'll snap some photos of our trip...

3 comments:

Amy Wyatt said...

Praying for you as you get ready to have this baby!

Becca M. said...

Just re-entering blogging world from a sort-of hiatus and thought I'd say hi.

LOVE the profile pic!

Christina said...

I hope you had a nice day that day. I didn't get to check my blogs but was thinking about my new friend. Can't wait for you to meet your new baby.