Thursday, March 13, 2008

Making manifest the Beauty of God


“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
--Marianne Williamson

I stumbled upon this quote tonight. I have to keep reading it over and over to let it soak in. Every word of it is true, and although from what I found on Ms. Williamson's background she is not a Christian, however her words here really strike a chord within me. I want to write more about it...but right now I just need to let the words wash over me in light of what Christ has done for me. I was born to make much of God, to praise Him each and every day in every action. That is so true.

Think about the quote and let me know what you think! (I promise to write more about it later!!!)

No comments: