Saturday, March 15, 2008

Waiting for a Star to Fall

Way back when in another era, there was this silly love song by a group called Boy Meets Girl. I'm pretty sure they were "one-hit wonders", but the song was pretty catchy. And it came to mind this morning, kinda out of the blue.

At 5:30am I started having pains in my belly. I don't remember a lot about the pain, other than it hurt, and it kept me from falling back to sleep. Over the next hour and a half, I continued to have random pains in my belly, but since I was (still am) so tired, I only really noted that I was in pain and couldn't really sleep. Now mind you, I'm 37 weeks along in my pregnancy. But, I've been induced with every one of my pregnancies to date due to pre-eclampsia. I have no idea what it feels like to go into labor naturally! When my hubby got home, I told him about the pains, but alas...perhaps they were those famous Braxton-Hicks contractions which get your body warmed up, but don't produce a new baby. At any rate, that was three hours ago, and I'm not having regular contractions now by any stretch of the imagination.

Sigh. Oh well.

But, it leaves me to sit and wait. And it feels like I'm waiting for a star to fall.

Trying to catch your heart
Is like trying to catch a star
But I can't love you this much baby
And love you from this far
Waiting for a star to fall
And carry your heart into my arms
That's where you belong
In my arms baby, yeah

Baby EM, that's where you belong...in our arms! Sigh...back to waiting....

No comments: